Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this business idea?

BAF Cash
    Thanks

What do you think of this business idea?

Heya.

I was wondering if I should offer some products, such as brand new games etc at a cheaper price then the actual rrp where as still making me enough profit, whilst ofcourse gaining me reputation off the buyer as I would send the product 1st class recorded to them.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,516 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Sounds good Adam, what type of games would you sell?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Hi,

You should start small business to gain knowledge and then expand it. It may take some time but will eventually achieve your targets. Most top rated companies had started small and ended up huge. My signature may help in finding expert ideas for you.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    It's a good way to start a business, but also the most used way and if there are other one man bands doing the same thing with a certain type of product that's doing well, then you may struggle.

If you can get your name out there with something like computer games, and compete on a level such as play.com, but without the necessary overheads, then you may be onto something. The caveat with this of course, is that a product like games do not provide much of a profit margin, so you have to sell a lot of them to make any kind of headway.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Are you going to sell these games through the web or through a brick-and-mortar store? Are you making the games yourself or selling them for 3rd party comapnies? If you keep your cost low, can you still make enough money to support your business AND yourself? If you're thinking of doing this as a full time job, make sure the opportunity is real before you put all your eggs in one basket.

I can look up any game on Amazon and see at least 20 3rd-party vendors, the cheapest of which are only a few bucks below Amazon's price. Add the extra shipping charge and there's no reason whatsoever for me to buy from any of these vendors.

6. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Hi Adam, sounds like your starting to branch out it to some other items. Good man.
    If you can sell them at a price including your delivery and associated costs and still make a profit - go for it. Any profit is a start. Its good to do tests on products at small volumes to see if they sell.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Your idea is good but I will suggest you to start it as a small business and than go bigger as you start gaining new customers also suggest you to first target local market.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Heya.

I was wondering if I should offer some products, such as brand new games etc at a cheaper price then the actual rrp where as still making me enough profit, whilst ofcourse gaining me reputation off the buyer as I would send the product 1st class recorded to them.

Hey Adam,

It's a nice idea, most people will always go for lower prices. If you can still gain from offering lower priced games, then I know you'll be a success. Most business really start from a small step then eventually after so much hard work, you'll earn more than just profits but also new ideas.

Goodluck on your business!

10. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    When you're a new business you are always at a disadvantage. In my case potential customers were asking for testimonials. How can I provide a testimonial when I've only been operating five minutes and my service is one with a long-term goal?

So, you offer low prices instead. Be honest as to why you're doing it. Once you've built a loyal customer base you can start to push your prices up towards those of your more established rivals. But the bottom line is you need to play to your strengths and offer your clients something they can't find elsewhere. When you're starting out that means cheap service.

12. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Nice post............

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Why don't you have a experience with practical knowledge if that doesn't have alot impact for you?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Before starting any business one should study the market conditions first, then he/she should choose the field in which he wants to do business

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    If you can build your reputation by doing this and monitor your costs it may be work out.

Ed

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Its good to start up a small business. Choose what do you like. A brick and mortar or in online. But I think, sell it online, because you can attract buyers because of your low price yet good products.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    That's called a promotion. Difference from fair price with the price you are offering is marketing costs to introduce yourself to them. If you have a good product, you can gradually raise the price to the best price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast