Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do if you need money and are desperate

BAF Cash
    Thanks

What to do if you need money and are desperate

Imagine that someone here has just come on to this forum and are lost. They're in desperate need to make money and are in a tight spot. They want to start a business but they clearly don't know where to start. They have enough money to last them 6 - 8 months before they're officially broke. They have fallen for many scams before so they are hesitant about attempting to make money online with get rich easy opportunities ... but are willing to start their own business in whatever niche. What's the very best advice or suggestions that you would give them if they were in this hard spot? I don't know if this was done on in this forum but it sure is needed for those who are actually in this spot. And if they come on here asking what to do, possibly we can refer them to this thread instead of retyping answers each and every time.

I'll start it off, if they are really in need of making money, I'd suggest them to find products to sell online or even offline. The easiest thing they could do is go to Kijiji or Craigslist and look at the items they have there ... or, they could go to the free section and work from that. Pick up the item .. fix it up (if it need any repairs) and advertise on those same sites with a tempting headline and some engaging copy. I myself wouldn't recommend anything on the Internet right away because it may not pay off fast enough. At least this was, they'll be able to get cash in hand quicker. Nothing wrong with suggesting to do something on the Internet ... if you have advice or suggestions, please share.

Andrew M. Warner
    Last edited by amwarner; Sat 27th Jul 2013 at 02:08.

2. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amwarner View Post
    Imagine that someone here has just come on to this forum and are lost. They're in desperate need to make money and are in a tight spot. They want to start a business but they clearly don't know where to start. They have enough money to last them 6 - 8 months before they're officially broke. They have fallen for many scams before so they are hesitant about attempting to make money online with get rich easy opportunities ... but are willing to start their own business in whatever niche. What's the very best advice or suggestions that you would give them if they were in this hard spot? I don't know if this was done on in this forum but it sure is needed for those who are actually in this spot. And if they come on here asking what to do, possibly we can refer them to this thread instead of retyping answers each and every time.

I'll start it off, if they are really in need of making money, I'd suggest them to find products to sell online or even offline. The easiest thing they could do is go to Kijiji or Craigslist and look at the items they have there ... or, they could go to the free section and work from that. Pick up the item .. fix it up (if it need any repairs) and advertise on those same sites with a tempting headline and some engaging copy. I myself wouldn't recommend anything on the Internet right away because it may not pay off fast enough. At least this was, they'll be able to get cash in hand quicker. Nothing wrong with suggesting to do something on the Internet ... if you have advice or suggestions, please share.

Andrew M. Warner
    It's good that you started this thread. Would be useful to many down the line.

If one is desperately in need and does not have any idea as to where to begin then the best thing to do would be to look at freelancing sites and find some gigs or instead put up what they think they can do and charge reasonable initially so they can get on with it.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I'd have to agree with you that finding something to sell would probably be the best option if you need money fast. The reality is, if you are attempting to start a business because you need fast money, you are going to be very disappointed. Whether online or offline, it is going to take some serious time, effort and possibly a few failures before you start really making money from your business. If you need money fast, just as you suggested, buy something cheap, fix it up, then sell it for more than you bought it for. Or you can get a freelance job or temp job somewhere which will give you some quick cash.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    You may sell out your skills to get fast money like SEO writing,some gigs on Fiverr.com and on forums...

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Don't do anything out of desperation. There's a huge difference between emotional thinking and logical thinking. Your emotions tell you that you are willing to start up in any niche but your head tells you that you won't find Canon printers and fax machines interesting. You would then have to research more on the boring niche you chose and this alone will demoralise you. More frighteningly you have to convince your potential customers that purchasing a particular product of yours will benefit them, however if you don't know how it will benefit them or what problems it fixes then you will have a terrible time convincing the customers to buy that product.

I think the best thing you can do is resell a successful service. You'll have more of a guarantee to find success and help from the provider.

7. AmbitiousStudent Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I agree with 'thealchemist'. Starting a business is not as easy as it may sound. It takes some serious efforts. Your idea is pretty good though. You could also find a temporary call centre job or something.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    A business is not about solving one's financial problems, that is a side effect of doing business. A business is about solving someone else's problem at a profit, with a special focus on "someone else" rather than yourself.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    You may sell your gigs at Fiverr.com or at SEOclerks...Fiverr takes its taxes and you get 3.92$ out of 5$ ...

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AmbitiousStudent View Post
    Don't do anything out of desperation. There's a huge difference between emotional thinking and logical thinking. Your emotions tell you that you are willing to start up in any niche but your head tells you that you won't find Canon printers and fax machines interesting. You would then have to research more on the boring niche you chose and this alone will demoralise you. More frighteningly you have to convince your potential customers that purchasing a particular product of yours will benefit them, however if you don't know how it will benefit them or what problems it fixes then you will have a terrible time convincing the customers to buy that product.

I think the best thing you can do is resell a successful service. You'll have more of a guarantee to find success and help from the provider.
    Great points. You should never get into anything out of sheer desperation. That will only lead to failure.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chippie_mt View Post
    A business is not about solving one's financial problems, that is a side effect of doing business. A business is about solving someone else's problem at a profit, with a special focus on "someone else" rather than yourself.
    Very true points. The objective to go into business is to help solve a need or a problem that others have and you have the solution to.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alicemenezes View Post
    I agree with 'thealchemist'. Starting a business is not as easy as it may sound. It takes some serious efforts. Your idea is pretty good though. You could also find a temporary call centre job or something.
    I see what you're saying but in this hypothetical example, the person would have income to last them for 6 - 8 months, why would they go and get a job then.

I came across a person who was in a similar situation and was looking for answers on what to do next to try to get into business so he doesn't have to work for anyone any longer.

Do you have any suggestions that may be useful in that type of scenario?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    A lot of business projects were started to solve peoples problems and not to make money. Henry Ford made cars so people could travel, this is just one example out of hundreds. If you have a passion for something then try to use this to make something that will be good for mankind. To make money is not good enough you will need another reason to start something new. IT seems to be the way to go software is what I think is the best bet at the moment. If you get the right app for a smart phone that will help people to solve a particular problem it could be a great seller. It was said years ago that if you could invent the perfect mousetrap people will make a path to your door.

14. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Can you tell us a bit more about your background, hobbies, skills etc.? Maybe some of us would come up with a few practical ideas. It's just a thought .
    Add Your Website to Our Directory @ Profit-List.com
    We will also share your link on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I have been making money from internet since last 10 years and seen several ups and downs I must say had I invested in any other business I would have been a millionaire by now.

17. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenifercredit View Post
    ...had I invested in any other business I would have been a millionaire by now.
    I often feel the same way jenifercredit making money from the Internet is not as easy as many people would have you believe.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    if im short, offer deals on my webhost, normally pulls in extra customers.

Special deals/Cheap Deals.

20. Thanked by;

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast