Your Ad Here

Thread: any suggestion www.fugems.com

BAF Cash
    Thanks

any suggestion www.fugems.com

hi
    i run a shoes shop,recently i have built a site for my shop,but i think there always a little defect,any suggestion pls!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,509 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Welcome to Business Advice Forum www.fugems.com. Did you build that site yourself? Does the name have any meaning?

The design of the site homepage could be made a little more appealing, in my opinion. There appears to be a lot of info on it that makes it look a little cluttered. For example, you list quite a few footwear sections on the home page. I'd be interested to see how it would look if you just put one link or graphic to footwear and then listed the sections on the footwear page.

Your About page, looks a little unprofessional, with the different text colours and could do with some improvements.

You list Hotmail email addresses on your contact page, it would look more professional if you had @ fugems.com email addresses. It would also help inspire confidence if you listed a mailing address and contact telephone number on that page.

Please post back with your thoughts on these points and I will give you further feedback on your website.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Nice design imo, though the special product at the main page looks a bit off for me (I am on FF).
    Also why are the other pages using html but the main page coded with asp? Also consider adding a nice favicon (refer to favicon.cc)
    It helps make your site remember able to your clients.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergal View Post
    The design of the site homepage could be made a little more appealing, in my opinion. There appears to be a lot of info on it that makes it look a little cluttered. For example, you list quite a few footwear sections on the home page. I'd be interested to see how it would look if you just put one link or graphic to footwear and then listed the sections on the footwear page.

Your About page, looks a little unprofessional, with the different text colours and could do with some improvements.

You list Hotmail email addresses on your contact page, it would look more professional if you had @ fugems.com email addresses. It would also help inspire confidence if you listed a mailing address and contact telephone number on that page.
    Have to agree with Fergal on this one.

For me, it would be good to get the text in one format. There are a couple of spelling errors that need to be corrected (Jeckets = Jackets & T-SHIET = T-Shirt).

Personally I have a rule about purchasing anything online if the company does not have a @company-name email address, so second Fergal's comments about sorting out a good email address.

A phone number is a must as again this would inspire confidence from your customers. If necessary purchase a cheap pay as you go mobile as a worst case scenario.

I think the page has real potential and I congratulate you on putting this together & wish you all the best in your business.

5. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I'm with Fergal and Sean on all points especially on buying confidence without an @company email, phone and address, visual appeal, clutter and edits.

If you want to make improvements you can search on best shoe sales sites and highest selling sites and other award winning website criteria and model on their success. You can also test different options to see what converts more sales.