Your Ad Here

Thread: Google doesn't use Keywords Meta Tag in search ranking - Official

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 2,132 Posts

Google doesn't use Keywords Meta Tag in search ranking - Official

Matt Cutts says Google doesn't use Keywords Meta Tag in search ranking. They still use description meta tags but not the keyword tag. I wouldn't recommend ignoring the keyword meta tag completely, other search engines will use it. Matt Cutts' video below.

2. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Good sharing, i know that met tag not as important than previous but not sure that google ignore meta tag. Anyway, i will still leave the meta tag since it might still helps in other search engine like yahoo.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I knew that the importance of keyword meta tags was declining. But this is the first confirmation I've seen that Google didn't use it at all.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergal View Post
    I knew that the importance of keyword meta tags was declining. But this is the first confirmation I've seen that Google didn't use it at all.
    Same happen to me. It notice me that i shall make some changing on the description keyword on all my inner page. This is really great to know this

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,248 Posts
    Not a good news but not a bad news either. It's good to know the truth behind Google's search engine.
    From what I knew, Google uses keywords based on domains, url, and emphasized words on the site's content.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    google is no using Keywords Meta Tag in search ranking
    from many year .......only regional search engines and local language search engines use Keywords Meta Tag .....using them will be helpful if u are using advertisement programs like adsense

if we dont use them ......it does not matter as 99 % used search engines are google ,yahoo , bing & ask

this all search engine don't use Keywords Meta Tag

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergal View Post
    I wouldn't recommend ignoring the keyword meta tag completely, other search engines will use it.
    Yes, I totally agree with Fergal here!There's no harm in using Keyword meta tag... It will only take you a minute to place it. Just continue to use it, who knows, what if Google decides that they will be using it again? OMG! LOL!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    ... It will only take you a minute to place it...
    Very true. Anyone who is doing any level of SEO will have selected keywords for their site. So why not take a minute and copy them into your meta-keyword tags? It can only help, it won't harm your site in anyway.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I'm of the opinion that Google will never tell us everything about everything... Besides this Google is known for changing their concepts and procedures from time to time: what's not in use today may be in force again tomorrow.

The million-dollar question/answer is: if they're not using Meta tag keywords in search ranking, WHAT are they using? The title tag? The description? The headline? The first paragraph of content? Or the last one? Keywords in links?

Anyone who knows the answer, please tell us, 'cause Google will not...

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by junglekid View Post
    ...WHAT are they using? The title tag? The description? The headline? The first paragraph of content? Or the last one? Keywords in links?...
    I believe they use all of that and more. But as you say Google won't tell us exactly how they do it, because they don't want people cheating the system.