Your Ad Here

Thread: My Business Idea

BAF Cash
    Thanks

My Business Idea

I'm thinking of starting a forum posting business. I've been thinking for a while now, and here are some of the ideas: I will provide as many posts as you would like to increase activity in your forum. For the first week, posts are 5 cents each, after that they are 10 cents each. I'm also thinking of starting a website. I was thinking of putting google adsense adds on the site, but I'm not 18 and I'm kind of worried about things. It says something about taxes, do they just take taxes off for you or do you have to pay them yourself ? Does anyone have any suggestions for my business plan or site ?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    You can list your additional income when you file taxes... A good resource for business plans is score.org. Good luck!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Actually,if you dont earn a tremendous income,you dont have to worry about this.And no,they dont take the taxes,its up to you how and when you pay them.But they can always support the authorities if they are asked to.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I don't think forum posting is a good thing in long term ...... you continue it for some support however look for other areas ..... have a nice site about a particular niche ur passionate about..... diverse a little here and little there.
    It really works ... if you have commitment!
    My 2 cents

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Well,your idea is good until a point.Surely a pay-to-post forum will have a lot activity,but consider these:
    • Do you have enough money to start that bussiness?
    • Are your prices ok?because supposing you pay 0.10c for a good post then you may have to give hundreds of dollars to users.
    • Will you be able to have income yourself too?Will you get enough from ads to support both forum Hosting , pay the users and have an income yourself?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanks for you comments. Thanoz, I think you have my idea reversed. I will make a site saying that I will post on peoples forums for the money, not that I will give them money.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Hi rockage, would you concentrate on a particular niche for forum posting, eg would you focus on posting on technical forums?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Hi rockage, would you concentrate on a particular niche for forum posting, eg would you focus on posting on technical forums?
    No, I think I would be able to fit in and understand other forums as well. My knowledge base is pretty wide spread. Should I focus on a single niche though ?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Sounds like a good idea rockage.. Im also thinking of new ideas mabye more advertiseing or go farther with my webdesigns , i dont know but right now im happy just from my adsense and other earnings

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    This is a good idea.. but not valid for long term implementation in my view...
    suppose if you want to earn 600$/month, you need 20$/day, i.e. 200 posts/day. Each quality post takes atleast 5 minutes and sometimes, more.. so, 200*5 = 1000 min.. i.e. 1000/60= 17 hours approximately.. So, you need to work for 17 hours a day to earn 600$/month.. how terse it is..

Please point me if i am wrong..

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I feel that forum posting is not a cool business for the most of us. It's ok to earn some bucks to get a initial amount of money to start another business. Like some website/blog/webservice.

Sridatta laid it out very well. The You have to substract the energy Your computer uses and You need additional time to get ne business partners.

Maybe if You can prove that You have some good quality posts, or the ability to drive a community (which cannot be measured in number of posts, but rather in uniqueness), You might get a long term contract with maybe $5 / hour.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I've seen forum posting business that worked and some that completely failed. I think it depends on your dedication along with the competition out there. I don't see much people using posting services now, although it could be beneficial if you were to start one. If you do decide to start one, be sure that you'll be able to handle it.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockage View Post
    No, I think I would be able to fit in and understand other forums as well. My knowledge base is pretty wide spread. Should I focus on a single niche though ?
    Yes concentrating on a single niche will get you an edge in long term. I mean if the world knows rockage knows a lot about guitars and music and he is an expert commenting and writing on this subject and if suppose anyone open a forum regarding music, or guitars or anything relative to this, then they will first come to you for sure before even thinking about any other promotion way. Being the king of any one subject helps in loooooooong term.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I don't think it's a good idea to create such a business. First of all, you should find people who are willing to pay you. And secondly, as already said here, you should work really hard to get a decent revenue at the end of the month. I think it's quite impossible to live with that money.
    Moreover, you should know something about the subject you're posting about. You can't just accept every offer they make you to post on a forum. Imagine it's about cycling and you don't know anything about it...

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    hey, i am sorry to tell you there is no money in this bisness. relly. there is big massive sites like www.fillmyforum.com and you have no chance of compeating with them. you get big sites like this and they rule all. it would be very hard to beat big bissness like this and advertiseing is veryhard when people know you make money out it cause then its worth money to them. you would probebely get more bissness working for a big forum posting website than makeing one