Your Ad Here

Thread: How do they pay me?

BAF Cash
    Thanks

How do they pay me?

Hello, Im new here. I have a question about how a company that I contract for pays me.

I do contract work for a company that operates cruise ships in Antarctica. I work on the ship for about four months a year. their are no days off, I literally work everyday I am on board the ship. I invoice the company for my pay when my time on board is complete and sometimes I invoice once or twice while I am on board. the problem is that the company doesn't pay me for up to three or four months after my work is complete. I have to pressure them to pay and they give me chunks of money at random times. They often make excuses for why they don't have money available. The most common excuse is that the credit card companies havn't released money to them (the passengers pay for their voyages with credit cards). They once told me that the accountants went on vacation and where not available to approve payroll payments. They have always payed me everything they owe me, but it takes months. this is a problem for all of their employees, not just me.

does anyone have any insight as to how they might be managing money and why they seem to have money to conduct business day to day but don't have money available to pay their employees in a reasonable time frame?

thank you
    keith

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    They have a serious working capital problem. You need to jump ship before you end up being owed money you can never collect.