Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can we make these contests more attractive?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 2,123 Posts

How can we make these contests more attractive?

For your chance to win 1,000 BAF Cash, please reply with your suggestions as to how we can make these contests more attractive to our members.

Thanks!

2. Thanked by;

JPM

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Just a try:

1. Categories - there should be a category on where that question does belong to. Like for example, the question is about web design, or business, real estate, etc.
    2. Only the first 10-20 people could answer, and when 20 already answer - the judging on what/who answered correctly or closely correct to the answer shall win (which will be determined by the one who asked the question which is I think Fergal and other moderators(?) )

Hmm. What more? (thinking)

4. Mark T Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Personally I quite like the creative type contests and I think that most people will find this type of contest more appealing. This type of contest is helpful for the forum, everyone can take part in (it doesn't require and specific knowledge of a specific area) and personally I find them quite fun.

This isn't really a way to make the contests in general more attractive although it can help make them more beneficial for the forum by having more of the creative type of contests. Contests such as "what ideas do you have for new forums here", "how would you change the appearance of the forum to make it more attractive", "what could we do to encourage the users to promote this forum more", "what new ways could we add to allow users to spend their BAF Cash" and so on. Most current contests are about replying to a topic on the forum so I think a few more of these creative contests might be good.

6. Fowler Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    i also liked the contest. what we could probably do is to let people know these contests exist.

8. ownedbox Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    By improve BAF cash value, it can attract more members participate. Most members don't know what to do with BAF cash, so BAF cash is devalue. Have more activity to encourage members spend more, then all members will rush to get BAF cash.

Extend contest duration, suggest 10 days per contest.

10. patrick0001 Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    What is this about?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick0001 View Post
    By improve BAF cash value, it can attract more members participate. Most members don't know what to do with BAF cash, so BAF cash is devalue. Have more activity to encourage members spend more, then all members will rush to get BAF cash.

Extend contest duration, suggest 10 days per contest.
    Not a bad idea, except for the point that BAF cash devalues the more it's just given out for things like contests. It's a catch 22 on that note.

Personally, I think you've done as much as you can regarding letting people know about the prizes BAF cash can bring forth, real cash mainly. There's not a whole lot more you can implement unless you decide to have a whole new banner made out to specifically point out forum cash can be used for real cash.

On a side note, I personally think a good way to possibly get some contests some more activity is by having "featured members" per contest, and allow them to do a question of asking. It might not completely spike up the activity rate with them, but it could be something to start with.

I think 1,000 BAF is very generous for the task though. As far as that's concerned, I wouldn't raise it anymore because it would just devalue the overall worth of it in general and also make the contests for the cash prizes a bit to easy for reach for people who aren't even legitimately active. However, this is my opinion on the matter.
    Jesse Bates - Some Pocket Money

Don't Be A Lurker!! Register with BAF and start getting your questions answered today!

13. JBMedia Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    The ultimate purpose to run contest and BAF cash is hoping to attract more traffic and member participate. In view of existing BAF forum traffic, it seem to be reaching ceiling. New places to grow traffic are:

1. Running BAF business directory - http://directory.v7n.com/ (Million of webmaster search for quality listing, members must use BAF cash to get listing, when members run out of BAF cash, they are offer to purchase it with real cash)
    2. BAF blog - such as http://blog.v7n.com/ (Beside regular post, it is important to release authority (post within minimum 10 hours writing), post content can be base on forum discussion or members problem)

websitebabble blog as a base to promote websitebabble forum - http://blog.2createawebsite.com/

Blog link building strategic:
    http://courtneytuttle.com/2007/04/09...ink-superstar/
    http://searchenginewatch.com/article...ing-Strategies

15. patrick0001 Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I was thinking if we can make like TShirts or other stuff like stickers, phone wallpapers etc. to make use of the BAF cash. This way the member can make use of it and possibly target viral advertising at the same time. For TShirts, Jackets, etc - I think it's a really expensive one but it will definitely boost offline advertising. For Wallpapers, and other digital stuff, we can do that by sending a QR code for the winner. So he/she can get it instantly.

17. cesspadilla Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick0001 View Post
    The ultimate purpose to run contest and BAF cash is hoping to attract more traffic and member participate. In view of existing BAF forum traffic, it seem to be reaching ceiling. New places to grow traffic are:

1. Running BAF business directory - http://directory.v7n.com/ (Million of webmaster search for quality listing, members must use BAF cash to get listing, when members run out of BAF cash, they are offer to purchase it with real cash)
    2. BAF blog - such as http://blog.v7n.com/ (Beside regular post, it is important to release authority (post within minimum 10 hours writing), post content can be base on forum discussion or members problem)

websitebabble blog as a base to promote websitebabble forum - http://blog.2createawebsite.com/

Blog link building strategic:
    http://courtneytuttle.com/2007/04/09...ink-superstar/
    http://searchenginewatch.com/article...ing-Strategies
    A blog would be a wonderful addition to BAF and could definitely outreach potential members to join. Brilliant idea patrick.
    Jesse Bates - Some Pocket Money

Don't Be A Lurker!! Register with BAF and start getting your questions answered today!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by haleymcadams1 View Post
    I was thinking if we can make like TShirts or other stuff like stickers, phone wallpapers etc. to make use of the BAF cash. This way the member can make use of it and possibly target viral advertising at the same time. For TShirts, Jackets, etc - I think it's a really expensive one but it will definitely boost offline advertising. For Wallpapers, and other digital stuff, we can do that by sending a QR code for the winner. So he/she can get it instantly.
    With regards to T-Shirts, I HOPE and really HOPE that we can all have our own BAF member shirt for Senior members of this forum!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander P. View Post
    With regards to T-Shirts, I HOPE and really HOPE that we can all have our own BAF member shirt for Senior members of this forum!
    How is the distribution for oversea members? If the new planning and strategic only benefit small group of people, I dont think it is a good idea.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I think the current contests are good because they reward quality rather than quantity of posts. While you definitely want to boost traffic, in the long run if there are a lot of low quality posts (and those types of posts seem to be picking up lately) then ultimately the good contributors will find less and less that is worthwhile to comment on.

I think the idea of a blog is good, but I am on a couple of other business forums that have tried blogs and they have not really caught on. A better alternative might be to concentrate on rewarding questions that result in good business discussions (not "what time do you go to bed" or "who is your favorite singer"). While it gets posts from people looking to score a few points, no one is going to be searching for "what time do you go to bed" or "who is your favorite singer". Those may raise the total posts but they are not going to bring traffic to the forum. A good question might be "what are alternatives to adsense" or "how do you find a place to guest blog".

I think you should continue contests that encourage answers to good questions, though, because once someone asks a good question, they won't stick around if the thread sits unanswered for days or weeks after they posted the original question.

22. Business Attorney Thanked by:

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Give an opportunity to all. Welcoming creative thinking and a distinct approach to the field of technology will make competitions really interesting.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by band View Post
    How is the distribution for oversea members? If the new planning and strategic only benefit small group of people, I dont think it is a good idea.
    Well, that was just a suggestion for now. And I hope one day we could all meet up personally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast