Your Ad Here

Thread: vb forum software

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Lightbulb vb forum software

hi all..
    is there any vBulletin forum software old/new version for cost less then 100$ ?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 2,122 Posts
    You won't get a new licence for less than $100. However, you might be able to find someone selling their existing licence for less than that. Is that something that would interest you?

Have you considered other forum software such as phpBB (free) or xenForo?

3. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    yes sir, I've Observed about phpbb you can see my other thread too.One negative thing i found about phpbb in reviews is that phpbb forum software dose't have SEO features and its weak also in security solution.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by us0343 View Post
    yes sir, I've Observed about phpbb you can see my other thread too.One negative thing i found about phpbb in reviews is that phpbb forum software dose't have SEO features and its weak also in security solution.
    I would strongly recommend Xenforo or IPB. Xenforo and IPB, if I am not wrong, both cost $140 for a 1 year license. IPB cost $25 to renew while Xenforo cost $40. Both are amazing software so whichever one you choose, if you choose, will be of great satisfaction to you.

6. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by us0343 View Post
    Regarding phpBB... There is phpBB SEO - http://www.phpbb-seo.com/en/

Regarding security... It was probably an old review referring to phpBB2 (which was pretty insecure). phpBB3 is alot more secure.
    http://secunia.com/advisories/produc...ask=statistics

As for vb

8. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Theres many open source platforms for forums, punBB phpBB, but if you want the best the VB, but as you know comes at a heavy price but its well worth it if you can afford the license.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Well I have used phpBB software for one of my forums and with in 2 months, It jumped to PR 1, of course with some hardwork from my side.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournemouth View Post
    Theres many open source platforms for forums, punBB phpBB, but if you want the best the VB, but as you know comes at a heavy price but its well worth it if you can afford the license.
    Why do you say that VB is the best? Other forum software products such as IPB, PHPBB and xenFor have their fans too

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Personally I think that there isn't a "best" forum software. All forums software have some advantages and disadvantages. I think that there can be times where a certain forum software might be best for your needs but I don't think there is an overall best. Sometimes if you only need a basic forum, you don't really want a featured filled software like vb, IPB or Xenforo. If you are running a support forum for single mums for example, you wouldn't need alot of complex features. Compared to when you are running a webmaster forum for example, single mums would prefer an easier to use forum rather then a fancy feature filled software where it is hard to find what you want. If a forum is too filled with fancy feature that members don't understand then it can actually be more harmful to the forum. Not all forum genres appeal to user who regularly frequent forums and have a great knowledge of forum softwares and how features work. That is what I think some people forget. Some people think that the more features they have, the more plugins/mods they have and having a paid software will bring in more members but in many cases, that isn't the case and can cause the exact opposite. While you may understand all the features and how they work and now how to use everything, it is not to say that all users will find it all easy to use and understand.

Basically what I am trying to say is sometimes simplicity is the key and not getting blinded by all the shiny features that some softwares flood you with. I think before starting a forum you should think about who you will attract and what you need from the forum software and then decide on the best forum software that meets your needs and the type of people you want to attract.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I agree about getting Xenforo or IPB because they are much more developed and updated and less of the cost. You could get an used IPB for around $80.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    if you want seo friendly forum while not spending, try mybb forum. all you need is to learn how things are just like the rest of the forums mentioned. mybb is free.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I have a vBulletin forum software that I might be willing to resell. Contact me if you are still interested and I'll sort it out with the vB folks. Although mine is an older version of the software, so you will have to renew it if you want the latest one.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I've bought vB license in 50$ thanks dude.