Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Business & Religion

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    my another question

is there any relationship in business and religion???

is it depends upon your religion??

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Interesting question. I would say that for many people their religion does indeed have an important impact on their business. There are some religions (e.g. Protestantism) that appear to encourage business success and other religions that don't look positively on wealth and business success (e.g. Catholicism). Catholic countries in Europe have traditionally been poorer than Protestant countries.

Jewish people also have a good reputation for success in business.

There are other members here, who are much more qualified than me to give an informed opinion on other religions' such as Islam's views on business. Hopefully they will enlighten us.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    yeah, interestingly there do exists relationship between business & religion, religion has now a days have developed into the very business itself....no recession in the world can affect it..!!!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Good point Scifi, religion is big business. Some newer religions, e.g. Scientology in my opinion, are very much focused on earning money from their followers. Other religions have a very strong commercial side. The Roman Catholic Church has been described as the biggest owner of property in the world.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    For us Muslims, there's a very big impact of religion in business. Unlike what others might believe, our religion do encourage us to be successful and/or be wealthy but it's a must that we share and distribute some of our wealth by giving to charity.

Another area where our religion affects business is that there are some things that are not allowed (considered as sin) in our religion. Like for example, drugs or alcohol. Drinking alcohol is not allowed for us Muslims so owning a liquor store or a bar is out of the question.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    m from india!

and as u all know that india is a country having more than 40 different religions!!

but as a businessman one should not consider the religion of his buyer or he should not consider any one's religion while trading with him!!
    i think
    it's totally wrong to depend on religion in business!

bcoz in business one should consider the quality of that person not the religion!!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I totally agree with you that in business in general, you shouldn't take religion into consideration when dealing with your customers. That would be totally being biased Adwaitk007. But would you do some business that is considered as a sin in your religion. Let's say that hypothetically you're a Hindu and that your religion considers cows as holy animals, would you go into the meat business dealing in slaughtering and selling of cow's meat?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    yes. u r right . m hindu. i never cross my boundaries and my limits of my religion while making business!!

it's totally not comes under the quality of business in mine.

here ,in such type ,one should consider his religion in business!

nice point Nazreen!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    To quote an example from India...religion do not affect business at all as most of the craftsman of sarees (the traditional Indian dress) and the one who are indulge into fireworks used during Diwali( major hindu festival) are muslims.....India is totally a democratic country with place to all (otherwise there are some loop points but exceptions exist everywhere)..

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    there are something that should NEVER mix with business and that is one of them.

BAF Cash
    Thanks

I found religion does play a role

Not in trying to to convert customers and other business people into the religion, but by showing yourself to be a good example to them. Being honest and trustworthy. Having the fact that you are around being known to be a good thing to the people you serve. Being an asset and a positive influence to the community.

How better to be a good (whatever your religion happens to be) than to have your customers know about you, like you being there, and knowing things wouldn't be nearly as good for them if you weren't?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum Heaven View Post
    How better to be a good (whatever your religion happens to be) than to have your customers know about you, like you being there, and knowing things wouldn't be nearly as good for them if you weren't?
    This is a nice way of putting it. Most religions teach us about virtues and it's good to use and implement these not just in our personal lives but also in our businesses. One particular virtue that would really be very good for business is honesty. I also believe that we should all be honest in all our business dealings.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazreen View Post
    One particular virtue that would really be very good for business is honesty. I also believe that we should all be honest in all our business dealings.
    For sure. Many businesses don't make it very far without being honest, and the rest don't deserve to.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I would say - NO.

There is no relation between business and religion. Atleast, honestly, I would hope not.

I've seen discrimination but ideally, it should not be so.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyjo View Post
    I would say - NO.

There is no relation between business and religion. Atleast, honestly, I would hope not.

I've seen discrimination but ideally, it should not be so.
    Simplyjo, if you don't mind my asking, what's your religion? As for me, religion has great influence in our everyday lives but I'm not discriminating anyone when I say this though. Each of us has his/her own beliefs and I respect that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast