Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Define Plagarism?

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Define Plagarism?

How the plagarism can hit the website and lower the rank of the website?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Google panda filter out duplicate web content, it give more credit to original content

3. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    My English teacher always told me..if you have to ask if you plagarized, then you problably did. LOL

5. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Plagiarism basically means to take people’s ideas and words and also using them and also giving credit give to those persons who thought about them. If you plagiarize you are kidnapping and stealing others’ hard work and intellectual property. It is academic and public dishonesty. You wouldn’t want someone stealing your hard work, intentionally or even unintentionally.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,248 Posts
    As patrick have said, search engines nowadays are much more intelligent when it comes to duplicate content. They rank sites which copies content from other sites lower than those that have original content.

But, here where I'm confused it. How can the search engines tell which site have posted the original and which site posted a duplicate?

8. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Plagiarism and Duplicate content is almost similar, but are totally different in terms of usage, IMO.

Plagiarism maybe the act of getting the thought of certain publications and taking it as your own, which is not necessarily copying the publications' content, but only the IDEA and the THOUGHT. More like spinning an article to get a unique one for yourself.

While Duplicate content is the literal act of copying others' work or content and owning it or using it without proper appropriation or credit to the original publication or author of the content.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Well it's better if you have a unique article rather than a copy of something. People don't really like searching and opening a lot of websites then finding them to have the same content. It will only bounce.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Plagiarism is placed in dictionaries as the "wrongful appropriation," "close replica," or "purloining and publication" of another writer's "language, thoughts, thoughts, or movement," and the manifestation of them as your own unique work
    Last edited by GekiDan; Wed 14th Mar 2012 at 10:17. Reason: promotional link removed

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Plagiarism is imitating someone's creation, such as another author's literary work, language, words, thoughts, expressions or ideas, and presenting it as one's original work. This practice is immoral and can lead to copyright infringement.
    Last edited by James Greg; Thu 15th Mar 2012 at 07:11. Reason: Promotional link removed

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Post Re:

As per my thinking plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward. It is not appropriate for website in terms of ethical SEO.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Through my understanding plagiarism as softwares analyze it is having duplicate content in your work. If you write an article but you cite a phrase in exactly the same words (copy & paste) from the source used, it will be marked as plagiarism. No matter how much credit you give for citing the source, the software is blind and only follows a set pattern. To avoid plagiarism re-phrase the content you are intending to use.

Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    But, here where I'm confused it. How can the search engines tell which site have posted the original and which site posted a duplicate?
    They analyze it by the date of publication. Which ever has the oldest date of publication wins the race for being original.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Greg View Post
    They analyze it by the date of publication. Which ever has the oldest date of publication wins the race for being original.
    How about the site ranking and quality? Do it put any weight into it on which article will go first in SERPs?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    How about the site ranking and quality? Do it put any weight into it on which article will go first in SERPs?
    I think Google will still see who's the first one to post although there are some claims that someone used their posts and gaining much better in SERPs. There is a possibility but it might just be little. But I think in the coming years, Google must've figured that out. So I recommend to stay unique and fresh when writing.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    You are right GekiDen.

Search Engine will consider that content unique which will be cached first.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I think that won't work anymore in Google panda.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast