Your Ad Here

Thread: I am a new webmaster and still learning the basics....I have a few questions on Web H

BAF Cash
    Thanks

I am a new webmaster and still learning the basics....I have a few questions on Web H

I'm currently using a shared server at Dreamhost and my site has now been down for over 24hrs due to an outage. I want a more reliable system although as a startup I need a cost effective system. Im not exactly sure what my best options are?Should I get a private server or a dedicated server? Should I host my own site? Advice please! Thanks in advance

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I would suggest you to go for vps hosting because vps is much batter then shared and dedicated hosting and as you told you dont know what is the best optin for you so i would recommend to choose that hosting company which provides customer support and guidance you can go to vpswebserver.com and chat their with experts before choosing the hosting plan they will guide you from A to Z

3. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I think shared hosting is fine if you get it at a good place. Some good hosts include of : Host Gator, Blue Host, and Hawk Host.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Don't let the outage at Dreamhost put you off shared hosting. Dreamhost has been known for their downtime.

You can pay for 3 months at a time at HawkHost and it only costs just under $12.00 for those 3 months. Just upgrade when you need more space etc. They are one the best web hosts around just now and their support is excellent.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Use http://www.ipneighbour.com/ and whois.domaintools.com to check number of domain share with the same server. If the number is high, it is not an idea place to host those file.
    Below could be the option you can go for:

1. Choose a better hosting place e.g. blue host, go daddy
    2. If you site is purely a blog content, you may consider point the name server to blogger. it is free.
    3. upgrade to premium hosting, it will limit number of website sharing resource.
    4. Get a dedicate server
    5. Host your site to multiple place, when the server down, you can quickly point the dns to other server.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I can provide you good hosting in cheap rates and promise it will never go down send me a PM

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Have you analyzed the reason behind getting your website down, as your website was on a shared hosting account there may be several reasons for this downtime and i don't think you need to go for the expensive dedicated server hosting. I still recommend you to shift your website to a reliable web hosting provider with any possible upgrades with shared hosting plans and if still your website needs more then go for VPS Hosting.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Hello,

As a start-up you do not need dedicated or even VPS. You only need a share server account in a reputable hosting company.
    Hostgator is a good cjoice.

I hope this helps.

Michel

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I think shared hosting is fine if you get it at a good place.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Even I agree since you have just started out, shared hosting at cost effective but renowned hosts like godaddy would be perfect for you.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Go to a few hosting review sites and read what people have said, there is a high chance that a host has written positive things about himself so you are looking for negative reviews because those will tell you the truth.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Just get a new host...preferably one that does not let their clients go through a 24 hour outage period. Shared hosting is okay if you don't take up much resource.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    IMO you should buy a professional hosting service because its reliable and you get many benefits from it.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Obella1023 View Post
    I'm currently using a shared server at Dreamhost and my site has now been down for over 24hrs due to an outage. I want a more reliable system although as a startup I need a cost effective system. Im not exactly sure what my best options are?Should I get a private server or a dedicated server? Should I host my own site? Advice please! Thanks in advance
    i would suggest that you take on cloud-hosting rather than private or dedicated servers. cloud-hosting will run like a dedicated server but runs virtually and much more affordable. or try to find another web host that also has shared-hosting, hosts like dreamhost, hostmonster, etc. has a larger customer base, in short paying extra would do. majority of the $5-10 hosting have problems like these..