Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Compettition for Nano

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Question Compettition for Nano

I heard to compete Tata and Fiat 500 one more tiny car is coming into market.

Make: RENAULT
    Model: YENI...
    Apprx. Cost: Rs. 1, 30, 000

It is another budget car. How come cars are coming in very low budget? Is it worth buying? Any thought son this?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 2,119 Posts
    Looking at these Renault Yeni pictures it looks like quite a nice car. Very modern looking and a little space age.

kumaran am I right in saying that, that price equates to a bit under $3,000?

Do you know if the car will be sold in Europe?

People don't have much money to spend on high value cars in these recessionary times, this is hitting the major car companies very hard - Chrysler filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, only a few days ago.

The car companies are trying to combat this by producing cars that are low budget and have the advantage of being more friendly to the environment. Hopefully this will help the environment and make cars available to people who otherwise couldn't afford them.

Unfortunately, there is a bit of a contradictory effect here - smaller more efficient cars are good for the environment, but more people owning cars is bad for the environment.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    What I don't understand is why would Renault and Nissan partner with Indian motorcycle maker Bajaj Auto. Wouldn't they have been better off if they also partnered with an automaker?

I also think that making budget cars is a good move by Renault because car buyers now are more concerned about their budget than ever before. If you ask me if it's worth buying then I would say that like most budget cars, you'd be getting the value that you paid for it. Don't expect it to have luxury and advanced features like the more expensive cars.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    @kumaran this news is falls
    the car which your are saying is renaulty bebop
    http://archive.cardesignnews.com/aut...bop/index.html
    and renaulty car is a concept car

even NANO not 1 is not lack car ($2000) when it reach your home you would be paying
    1.5 lack ($3000)

bajaj ,nissan, and renault are going to launch Nano's Rival only in 2010 ..........!

main thing they cant provide such a design car under 5lack or $10000 this new is rumors ...make car under 2500$ is not a easy job tata took around 5 year to make nano even after 5 years that car is not 1 lack car (2000$) as u end up paying 50% more when it reach your home ......and this news is year old ...this new came out after nano launched in auto show in 2008 .....and this roomers

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Well spotted realitybites.in, I've done a little digging and it looks as if the Yeni idea stemmed from a hoax email. I can't find any info on it on the http://Renault.com website.

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fergal View Post
    Well spotted realitybites.in, I've done a little digging and it looks as if the Yeni idea stemmed from a hoax email. I can't find any info on it on the http://Renault.com website.

this news is from hoax email .... i had received this email say mahindra and renault 1 lack when seeing its design i got to now it was hoax email..providing such a design is not possible under 2500$ .....!

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    What I don't understand is why would Renault and Nissan partner with Indian motorcycle maker Bajaj Auto. Wouldn't they have been better off if they also partnered with an automaker?
    Well as far as I can understand from this deal is that Bajaj is currently in motorcycle segment & They might want to expand in the auto segment too. as such they might have offered better deal than any automaker company could have to Renault & NIssan...Its beneficial for both of them...

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Yeah, I was looking at the pics of the Renault Yeni and I was saying to myself that there's no way in the world that you'll be able to buy a car that looks so cool as depicted in the pictures, for only RS 30,000. I was also wondering why Renault and Nissan would partner with a motorcycle maker. Also, if Renault and Nissan teams up, wouldn't Nissan raise a big hoo-haa since their name is not in the name "Renault Yeni"? Yup, this is definitely a hoax.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    @ all
    by the way Renault,Nissan, and bajaj are planing to launch 1.3 lack car in 2010 ......making such a cheap car is only possible by Indian's and chine's that is the reason why renault and nissan paired up with bajaj for 1 lack car....
    it is even said india is future automobile hub ....

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by realitybites.in View Post
    ....it is even said india is future automobile hub ....
    That wouldn't surprise me. A relatively low cost and skilled labour force coupled with a huge population and natural resources.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I believe India is a market where cheap products are available for modern use. Like motors, electric devices, computers, etc are more cheaper than any country of world.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMAN View Post
    I believe India is a market where cheap products are available for modern use. Like motors, electric devices, computers, etc are more cheaper than any country of world.
    no deadman things are not cheap in India we pay almost double what people pays in other country
    for example Honda civic cost around $11000in USA
    and India we almost $30000

buying laptop or mobile phone in USA or Arab country are much cheaper compare to that india

another example Yamaha R1 COST around $10000 and India its almost $30000

one thing is there in rural India you survey with $100 even less also happily
    in urban India you need around $300 (for family of 3 to 4 members)

where as in USA u cant survey even for 1000$ ......in India for $1000 40 people can survey very easily.........and city's like kolkata even 100 can survey

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanks for that realitybites.in I wasn't aware that the prices for products imported into India were so high. Are there import duties that increase those prices?

Would you agree that the prices of products produced in India are a lot less than the equivalent products in the US or Europe?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I agree with realitybites that import duties are quite high in India..But this is necessary to protect the domestic market.. hope with which all of you agree, when a country like China is your neighbor, you can't afford to loosened up your market so easily with flexible duties..
    But to contradict Deadman, I would say that from my experience of visiting Nepal so many times that things are too cheap in Nepal than in India..However, it might be the fact that some products of modern use or daily use are far cheaper, if produced or manufactured inside the country..The list given by realitybites.in mention the products that can be modern but they are stands no where in the products for use as mentioned by Deadman, Realitybites list rather mention the products that can be termed more as luxury...Laptop may be termed as useful gadget but still it is costlier than desktops....

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Yeah Right realitybites.in, Importing cost is very high in asian countries like India, Nepal, Pakistan and others. We pay like double of the original price due to tax and other things.

But another thing is also that The things manufactured in india like Bajaj bikes cost double the price while importing to countries like Nepal, a Bike worth Rs 1,00,000 will cost more than Rs 2,00,000. It's double the original price. This is highly affecting the market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast