Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 170

Thread: DigitalPoint is Now NoFollow

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,935
    BAF Cash
    694
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 281 Times in 249 Posts

    DigitalPoint is Now NoFollow

    The popular webmaster forum, DigitalPoint Forums, has now made all links nofollow. The owner of the site, Shawn Hogan, said he implemented the change due to the high volume of spam in signatures and posts across the forums.

    This is going to hurt signature sellers a lot. DigitalPoint Forums signatures were worth $10 per 1,000 posts. I wonder what the new worth will be...

  2. #2
    Senior Member JPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK.
    Posts
    1,796
    BAF Cash
    27
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 389 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerlene View Post
    The popular webmaster forum, DigitalPoint Forums, has now made all links nofollow. The owner of the site, Shawn Hogan, said he implemented the change due to the high volume of spam in signatures and posts across the forums.

    This is going to hurt signature sellers a lot. DigitalPoint Forums signatures were worth $10 per 1,000 posts. I wonder what the new worth will be...
    I have to agree, at times the spammy messages were and are frustrating. I turned off the instant notification because of this and I have only posted on there for a few months.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,935
    BAF Cash
    694
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 281 Times in 249 Posts
    Yeah it's gotten to me a lot now. I've been reporting all of the spam messages, something I never did before.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK.
    Posts
    1,796
    BAF Cash
    27
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 389 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerlene View Post
    Yeah it's gotten to me a lot now. I've been reporting all of the spam messages, something I never did before.
    That's a good point, I should probably be doing the same.
    Last edited by JPM; Sun 24th Jul 2011 at 11:28.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,935
    BAF Cash
    694
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 281 Times in 249 Posts
    Probably. I only do it because it's been growing lately and these days Shawn is the only one moderating the forum.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK.
    Posts
    1,796
    BAF Cash
    27
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 389 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerlene View Post
    Probably. I only do it because it's been growing lately and these days Shawn is the only one moderating the forum.
    I thought there was a large amount of moderators?

  7. #7
    Senior Member GekiDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    5,906
    BAF Cash
    7,562
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,248 Posts
    How about premium members? They got 4 sigs right?

  8. #8
    Senior Member ownedbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,942
    BAF Cash
    2,272
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 290 Times in 272 Posts
    a way to earn more. members will upgrade their membership thru it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK.
    Posts
    1,796
    BAF Cash
    27
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 389 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    How about premium members? They got 4 sigs right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ownedbox View Post
    a way to earn more. members will upgrade their membership thru it.
    I'm pretty sure premium members signatures are no follow also, though yes you do get 4 links still.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ownedbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,942
    BAF Cash
    2,272
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 290 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure premium members signatures are no follow also, though yes you do get 4 links still.
    some people just go there for this purpose. makes no sense. hope fergal won't do this in BAF

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,689
    BAF Cash
    3,078
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 697 Times in 650 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure premium members signatures are no follow also, though yes you do get 4 links still.
    Not true. premium member's signature are still dofollow

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,689
    BAF Cash
    3,078
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 697 Times in 650 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ownedbox View Post
    some people just go there for this purpose. makes no sense. hope fergal won't do this in BAF
    Fergal have very little posts overthere, he just hang out the site trade section (he seems just trying to buy more and more website/forum there...lol)

  13. #13
    Senior Member JPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK.
    Posts
    1,796
    BAF Cash
    27
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 389 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    Not true. premium member's signature are still dofollow
    I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,935
    BAF Cash
    694
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 281 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPM View Post
    I thought there was a large amount of moderators?
    They have a lot of moderators, but Shawn is pretty much the only one that actually moderates these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    How about premium members? They got 4 sigs right?
    They still get dofollow signature BUT if the system sees it as spammy it will automatically make them nofollow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ownedbox View Post
    a way to earn more. members will upgrade their membership thru it.
    Nope. Doubt it. Shawn even said not to do it for the dofollow links because their links may be nofollow as well.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Joel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Sin
    Posts
    263
    BAF Cash
    101
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
    Wow, this is some news!




Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise Here
Business Advice Forum - Ask your business questions on our online business forum - Hosted by vBulletin Hosting
Link to Us | FaceBook | Twitter | Rules, Disclaimer & Copyright Notification | Staying Safe Online | RSS | Forum Promotion
Moderators' Sites: Learn Insurance | Real SEO, Real Results