Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: National Health Educators (NHE Certification) FCA Managers

BAF Cash
    Thanks

National Health Educators (NHE Certification) FCA Managers

National Health Educators (NHE Certification) FCA Managers

A quick concern for fitness center owners, I'm a 480 FCA affiliate and had a question about the regional manager/supervisor. Can they be trusted to simply manage the certification exams and not interfere with the personal trainer program we already have running? Are they solicitors of any kind?
    I would appreciate only knowledgably responses and not for someone to Google them and provide an opinion based on minimal research. Thank you.

BAF Cash
    Thanks

NHE FCA Affiliate Program

I signed up two weeks ago. I was Googling and found your question but my opinion is based on professional experience I believe you are referring to the NHE FCA Regional Managers or Local Supervisors? If so, they do not sell the certification packages, they just manage them. The ones that come through my clubs are rarely there. They have a subtle appearance which helps calm my trainers down. As with your trainers, I'm certain, they can be very possessive when it comes to others working in the gym and when the regional managers first arrived, there was some shuffling going on and rumors but it all settled once everyone understood that NHE wasn't taking over the PT side. By the way, if given a choice, opt for the FCA package labeled (EX5050), the brochures are very nice.

The answer I was looking for is about the registrar contracts? Are they 5 years optionally or is it mandatory and if you opt out, is the territory still locked. If you know, pls reply.

3. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Welcome to Business Advice Forum LAFitness2011, thanks for joining.

Can they be trusted to simply manage the certification exams and not interfere with the personal trainer program we already have running? Are they solicitors of any kind?
    I'm not familiar with the certification body you are asking about. But have you considered asking them those two questions directly? They should be able and willing to answer them and I'd imagine that they are questions that they have heard many times before.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanks you guys! Good information. Hey Fergal, you are right about getting the info directly from the horses mouth. I've spoken to them over the phone on several occasions but I like to go out and hear from others who may tend to be less bias

I've been on a few sites from business forums to fitness forums to bodybuilder forums and everyone has said that this NHE FCA program is The program to get involved with and so I think reaching out and getting all of that positive feedback has helped solidify my decison. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks again for the advice and input.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting back LAFitness2011, good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Signed up last week on this new FCA affiliate program and I have a question for one of the two NHE FCA members above:
    Is there any way we can lock up a particular territory with NHE? I really like the FCA program and believe it has tremendous potential but not if the gym three miles down the road is a member also.

Thank you in advance....

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Welcome to our business forum keywest.

Is there any way we can lock up a particular territory with NHE?
    Have you spoken to the representatives you dealt with when signing up for this program? They should be able to help you with this and it would be a good idea to push for some level of exclusivity, so that you don't end up with a new competitor on your doorstep.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergal View Post
    Welcome to our business forum keywest.

Have you spoken to the representatives you dealt with when signing up for this program? They should be able to help you with this and it would be a good idea to push for some level of exclusivity, so that you don't end up with a new competitor on your doorstep.
    Exactly right BAF! Luckily, you can and I think in most cases it's a non issue because gyms are pretty well spaced out from one another. For the FCA proctor portion, you can be the main center for teh district, you just have to fill out a form and get it approved.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted LAFitness2011 and thanks for posting back with an update.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    We signed up on the NHE Verified Location program and wonder if TK or LAFitness had any thoughts? We love the concept but are not familiar with the credential. There are some wonderful blogs regarding how tough the exam is but wanted some feedback from actual club owners.

Thanks in advance.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    It's different the FCA affiliate program, which is free of charge. The Verified Location program is a paid program and is essentially the same, with the exception of the programs approved. You will get to certify an unlimited number of trainers and you will also be able to certify them in anything you choose, where as we can only use the master trainer program. I do recommend NHE because of the quality of the exams.

13. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    NHE Content Writer Question

LAFitness, Do you know much about this? I have a couple of trainers who are pursuing a content writer position at NHE. Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

I appreciate it.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    We got a letter from NHE about hosting nutritional seminars for one of their programs but we haven't received anything relating to content writers. If it's about content writers for their website, you might want to speak directly to their technical team. If you need the number, let me know.

16. Thanked by;

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFitness2011 View Post
    We got a letter from NHE about hosting nutritional seminars for one of their programs but we haven't received anything relating to content writers. If it's about content writers for their website, you might want to speak directly to their technical team. If you need the number, let me know.
    Thanks anyway LAFitness. Actually, we ended up getting the information we needed and it worked out. How do you like being an FCA for NHE? I've heard it's a well run program?

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Hello. I found this thread on Google and had a question...I paid for a one year contract to host NHE exams through their 2011 Verified Location program, which I assume is very similar to the FCA program you guys are talking about. I am very impressed with the NHE program but was wondering about the CEU requirements, after the four year certifications expire? Many of my trainers are NASM certified and I'm very concerned that possessing just one type of credential could be a bad way to go. NHE seems to take their exercise physiology in a different direction than NASM and this NHE implementation should help make my staff better well rounded. That's my working theory in any event...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast